I'm starting to get used to the whole living on my own thing. As I'm typing this, my first load of laundry is in the washer. I'll have to remember to go get it out. I knew I'd miss Mom's home cooking, but I had no idea how much I would. The food at the Aggie Marketplace isn't terrible, but it certainly Mom's cooking. I'll have to get creative on Sundays since the Marketplace isn't open at all. With Monday being Labor Day, it won't be open then either. Thank goodness I have a minifridge in my room. I'll just have to go get some more milk so I can live on cereal for a while.
I've loved my classes so far. It hasn't been too difficult yet; it's mostly review and really basic concepts. Business Statistics probably won't stay simple, so I'm grateful for the ease of it for now. My Race and Communication in Africa and the United States class sounds incredible. I'm really excited about it. It's my smallest class, with only about 25 or 30 people in it, which is a nice change. Most of the other classes are at least 150 or 200, with my Creative Arts class totaling over 800. The Race class sounds really interesting. I just finished one of the books we have to read, "a long way gone; memoirs of a boy solider" by Ishmael Beah. It was incredible, definitely not for the faint of heart, but still amazing. It was certainly a tear jerker, but very inspirational. It will be a good experience to delve more deeply into the problems in Africa and the United States. Chemistry is really just a review of what I did in high school, which is WONDERFUL! Sociology is ok, probably my least favorite class right now, but I think it'll pick up once we get past just the basics. I've gotten through the first chapter, which was farther than I needed to go, so I at least don't have to worry about it over the long weekend.
With the holiday weekend, most of my roommates are going out of town. At least one is staying. We're trying to think of fun things to do. I think we'll go to the movies for an afternoon or something. My friend Kacee is also staying, so I'm sure I'll do something with her. Love ya'll!
Lots of love and Aggie Bull Tracks Ice Cream!
Carlie
P.S. The picture was taken from my dorm room on Monday morning, my first day of school!
6 comments:
Your Dorm is so cute. So excited that you get to start school. College is fun.
Carlie Marie!!
Coolest dorm room I have seen. I hope you keep enjoying your school work.
Don't forget to have fun.
Dad
Cozy room Carlie. Sounds like you are settling in really good.
Your room is soooo cute! :) Hope things are going well for you!
Carlie,
We loved seeing pictures of your dorm room. You are surrounded by your favorite color pink! How special!
Post a Comment