Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer

I've heard for years that Logan is "so fun" in the summer. Having never stayed in Logan for the summer, I didn't fully understand what people meant. Sure, I spent a couple days here last summer and that was fun, but it was more of a whirlwind trying to get loose ends tied up. This summer I'm (kinda) here for a more complete Logan summer experience.

Since getting back here on Tuesday, I've met more random people and done more random things than I think I have in the entire past semester. It's been a blast. Tuesday night I went to Taco Tuesday at Costa Vida with some friends for one of the girls leaving on a mission and then a few of us went to someone's house to watch "The Voice" (if you haven't seen it, you should; I'm addicted). Wednesday I went to a BBQ at Brent's house which is conveniently located across the street and about 50 feet east from me. Thursday night Jolynn and I went to a root beer float party; she knew about five people there, and the only person I knew was Jolynn haha. Friday night Erin, Jolynn, and I went up the canyon to a bonfire. There were actually way more people there than I thought there would be. I'm always down for a bonfire since I absolutely love s'mores. Tonight I'm headed to a BBQ at my professor's house. I'm starting to see what people mean by Logan being fun in the summer.
Honestly, one of the best parts for me is that I have a job for a while. I'm helping one of my professors with research and doing data coding. Essentially, it comes down to me reading the annual reports of selected companies for 40 hours a week (I'm glad I brought my glasses with me because I think my contacts could dry up and fall out haha) but I'm actually learning a lot and while the 224-pagers are a little daunting and long, I'm enjoying the people I'm working with.

And the best part is... When I'm done with work for the day, I'm actually done and can go play guilt-free! I don't get to do that during the school year as much. I always have a nagging paper or impending exam hanging over me. I love that I can actually be done for the day and enjoy my play time!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Brent as in Logan and Brent?? I know him! How do you know him? :)

Carlie Pennington said...

It's true... they do kind of come as a pair.

I know Brent because we're in the same major and a lot of the same clubs and things. :)