Friday, December 5, 2008

'Tis the Season...

I love love love love Christmastime! This year is my first season away from home so I wanted it to still feel as Christmasy as I could manage. I picked up my little tree that had been at Aunt Elaine's for the last couple of years and set it up in our suite's common room. On Monday after classes I went to Shopko and picked up some ornaments and a tree skirt. The ornaments came in an enormous box. Normally it was $40, but I got it on sale for $15! I was excited. The ornaments are all blue and silver, fitting for a tree at Utah State. The only tree skirt that was small enough for my tree was, fortunately, blue. On Monday afternoon I decorated our little tree. It's on the table on one side of our room and it looks so cute!


After family home evening at Brother Budge's house, Ammon, our RA, invited us downstairs to decorate the third floor common room. I wasn't about to refuse since this is the only way I can decorate this year! Stacey and took over the six and a half foot Christmas tree. Stacey made a bow for the tree top that looked way cute. The ornaments were mostly red, green and gold, but a few were multicolored. It looked so good!

Tuesday night was a basketball game versus UC Irvine. It was the first game that I've been to and I certainly wasn't disappointed. The USU fans were just as nasty and obnoxious as I'd heard. It was great. Opposing teams should be warned to never shoot an airball because our fans won't let them forget it for the rest of the game. It was hilarious. Kacee sang the national anthem and did absolutely incredible! She sounded soooooo good! I was so proud of her. The game was closer than it should have been, but we still won 74-62. It was awesome.


On Wednesday night there was a Christmas devotional for Institute Women's Association that Stacey and I went to. It was so good. Brother and Sister Waterson spoke and they both did fantastic. He had been a mission president in Taiwan, if I remember correctly. They told some great stories. It wasn't too long either, which was so nice. Speakers can be amazing but I still won't like it if it's too long.

Thursday night Stacey and I went to the school's Christmas choir concert, Wintersong. It was so fun! I love choir concerts and I hadn't really been to one since I got here, so it was so fun to hear that again. They did really well. Kacee had a solo and did amazing. She sounded so good! When the two choirs were combined they had a pretty big group! They sounded awesome! There was definitely some strong sound there.

As for school this week, it's been kind of crazy. It's dead week, which means there weren't any tests or quizzes. It's been mostly just reviewing for finals week next week. Ah! I can't believe it got here so quickly. I think I'll manage, but I may have a few panic attacks and nervous breakdowns before next week at this time. :)

Lots of love and Peppermint Ice Cream (I don't know if Aggie has any of that kind, but it's the season),
Carlie

1 comment:

Ben and Stacey said...

pretty sure this is the same background chelsi has on her blog too haha :) cute!