I am so behind on my blog! The holidays just took over and my blog just took backseat.
Finals week went really well. I didn't even suffer any major nervous breakdowns. I was pretty proud of myself! Monday of finals week I got a cute little care package from my parents to help me survive the week. It was such a cute surprise!
My finals week bucket from my cute parents.
Kacee and I concocted a little surprise for our families. We thought that Kacee had a final on Friday morning, but we found out about a week ahead of time that she could take her final early. We decided not to tell our families that we could come home early so we could surprise them. Thursday afternoon around 4:15 we jumped in my tightly packed car and headed home. I'd called Aunt Elaine and Kacee called Sister Milligan to give them the heads up that we were leaving so someone knew we were on the road. It was the best trip we'd made. We made awesome time and the roads were great. We didn't really run into any traffic. We got into Boise about 8:30 and we were both so excited to be home we screamed a good portion of the way into town. Kacee and I called both our families when we were about five miles away from Kacee's house to make sure the families were home. The looks on Kacee's family's faces when they opened the door were priceless! They were so excited! It was good that we had younger siblings to help us unload the car because there was a ton of stuff! When I got to my house, Dad answered the door. When Mom heard my giggle she came running too. Lindsay was in the shower, and when I knocked on the door she came running out with shampoo still in her hair. It was great. Dad helped me unload my car, which was not an easy task. I had so much stuff that it literally covered our entryway.

Kacee and I concocted a little surprise for our families. We thought that Kacee had a final on Friday morning, but we found out about a week ahead of time that she could take her final early. We decided not to tell our families that we could come home early so we could surprise them. Thursday afternoon around 4:15 we jumped in my tightly packed car and headed home. I'd called Aunt Elaine and Kacee called Sister Milligan to give them the heads up that we were leaving so someone knew we were on the road. It was the best trip we'd made. We made awesome time and the roads were great. We didn't really run into any traffic. We got into Boise about 8:30 and we were both so excited to be home we screamed a good portion of the way into town. Kacee and I called both our families when we were about five miles away from Kacee's house to make sure the families were home. The looks on Kacee's family's faces when they opened the door were priceless! They were so excited! It was good that we had younger siblings to help us unload the car because there was a ton of stuff! When I got to my house, Dad answered the door. When Mom heard my giggle she came running too. Lindsay was in the shower, and when I knocked on the door she came running out with shampoo still in her hair. It was great. Dad helped me unload my car, which was not an easy task. I had so much stuff that it literally covered our entryway.
We ran into a beautiful sunset on the way home!
Kacee and me driving home...
My first day home was so nice. I unpacked all my stuff and got situated back in my room that is bigger than the closet I'm living in here in Logan. Saturday December 13, I went to Lindsay's high school choir concert. It was way fun to be back in the high school choir scene again. They did really well.
Lindsay's choir concert was awesome!
The next week I was back to work at Cypress. Monday morning was a little slow, but it was nonstop craziness for the rest of the week. They had a ton of stuff to do.
That Friday I headed back to the high school to say hi to some of my favorite teachers. It's funny how some things have changed a ton and some things haven't changed at all. Mr. Gural got a popcorn machine that's taller than I am and Mr. McMullen's office was so organized! Ms. Taylor's classroom is still covered in posters, Mrs. Chumbley's room is still all things history. Friday night, I went to Cerola's assisted living center to have "Christmas dinner" with her and the other residents and their families. The fire alarm went off periodically for about an hour because some grandkid pulled it off the wall. I played a couple of Christmas carols on the piano for part of the program. Other residents' grandkids performed too. A couple of boys, probably ages three and five, got up to sing "Jingle Bells" and instead just stared at the audience. It was pretty funny. Later that night I had a couple of friends over to watch a movie. We never actually turned on a movie; we ended up just catching up instead.
The few days before Christmas are my favorite of the year. We got some pretty heavy snow, which is not normal for Boise at all. This made for the first white Christmas we'd had in several years. On Tuesday Lindsay and I went to Cerola's assisted living center and I played the piano. Lindsay sang "Mary Did You Know" and she sounded awesome. We sang some carols with the women as well.
Christmas Eve was pretty quiet. I made pumpkin pancakes for everyone for breakfast. I was kind of excited! They were really good! The apple cider syrup I made to go with it and it was awesome! We had fun just enjoying the day. We had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner and read the Christmas story like we always do. We added a game to our Christmas Eve traditions that was kind of fun. I got a gift card and chocolate orange and wrapped it up several times. We passed it around and had ten seconds to rip through the paper. Whoever got to the actual gift got to keep it. Dad won this year, which means he's on for buying it and wrapping it five billion times next year.
Mom and Dad on Christmas Eve

Lindsay and me for Christmas Eve dinner
Our Christmas tree looked awesome this year!
Christmas morning was just as fun as always. Lindsay woke us up promptly at 7:00. She and I went downstairs after Dad did his traditional verification that everything was in order downstairs. This year I got a new cell phone, which I needed so badly. My other one was worthless. I absolutely love my new one. Lindsay and I both got a bunch of clothes, which we needed. I definitely needed warmer attire for the freaking freezing weather in Logan. I also got a water purifying pitcher, which I really needed since the water that comes out of the tap in my dorm is pretty gross. Christmas day was way low key at our house this year. We all just took it easy and enjoyed relaxing. Mom's Christmas dinner was absolutely delicious.
White Christmas!
Friday we braved the after Christmas sales. I'm not quite sure what possessed us to do that because it was insane everywhere we went. The mall was so incredibly busy. I ventured into Aeropostale and the line went all the way around and outside the store. That night I met Katey, Kristen, Kacee and Kaylee at Whitewater Pizza for dinner. It was so fun seeing them! I hadn't seen them for forever! Catching up with those girls was a totaly blast! After dinner we went to Kacee's house to have ice cream and watch a movie. I so missed my cute girls!
Monday morning I had a bunch of girls over at my house for breakfast. I made pumpkin pancakes again. Joanna, Becca, Meagan, Katey, Kristen, Kacee, Kim and Caitlin came over. Later a couple of us met Ms. Taylor for lunch at Great Harvest. It was fun catching up with her.
Kristen and Kacee
Becca, Jo, Meagan, and Caitlin
The girls!
It was some pretty intense pancake cooking.
Kim and me
On Tuesday, Lindsay and I went and got pedicures that we got as Christmas gifts. They were way fun! Our toes looked so cute! Karey came over that afternoon and hung out. Kellen and I met up for dinner that night. Total blast since we hadn't gotten to see each other since we both got home. We went to dinner, then bowling, then played Guitar Hero with his siblings (which I am completely awful at), and watched a movie.
Our pedicures looked way good...
Karey girl!!!
Wednesday night, New Year's Eve, I went to Becca's house for a party. There were so many people there! Kacee, Parker, Lindsay Braunwalder and I went to Derk's house after that. We got to ring in the New Year there. Pretty fun.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday I spent mostly with my family. It was good to hang out with them for the last few days of my break. It actually took me most of Saturday to pack up all of my stuff. Once we got Kacee's stuff in there as well my car was just as packed as it was when we came back home.
Sunday morning came way too soon. I wasn't ready to leave, but that's the way it goes. Kacee and I left about 11:00 that morning. We made really good time again. It was a pretty big ordeal to get all of our stuff unloaded with all the ice on the ground. It took my quite a while to get everything unpacked and reorganized.
Classes started Monday. Things seemed great this semester! I really like my classes. This semester I have accounting, business communication, honors, economics, and English. I really like my professors too. I'm definitely ready for a weekend though.
All in all I'm doing really well. I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. I'm not drowning in homework anymore; I'm hoping I have things more under control now.
Lots of love and Cookie Fudge Aggie Ice Cream,
Carlie
No comments:
Post a Comment