March went by so quickly! I can't believe it! Classes were pretty crazy throughout the entire month. Lots of tests, lots of papers, lots of stuff I just plain didn't want to do haha. All in all, school's been going really well.
The best part of this month was spring break. I went home and just hung out with my friends and family a lot. It was so fun. I hung out with Cam and Kacee a bunch. One night we hung out and made brownie pizza, a concoction I learned in Little Miss Homemaker many, many years ago. It looked gross, but it was pretty delicious. I got to see Karey when she came to Cam's one night. Mom and I went shopping, which was fun. We got a lot of Lindsay's birthday shopping done. One day Dad, Mom and I went to Macaroni Grill for lunch. Mom and I met Judy Mortimer for lunch another day. I didn't do anything school related, which was the best part. The Monday of spring break I got a text from my cousin Alyssa showing a beautiful baby girl. She had her baby, Ella Larane, on March 6. Ella was just around 8 lbs and is honestly one of the most gorgeous newborns I've ever seen.
I have loved March Madness basketball throughout the month. It's been a blast! My bracket this year isn't too bad either. It's not perfect, but I got all of the Final Four teams right. We'll see how things go tonight! I was so excited that USU got to go the tournament. My economics teacher cancelled class the day of the game so we could all go watch the game. It was in Boise, but I'd had an accounting test that morning, so I couldn't go. I probably wouldn't have anyways because the tickets were so expensive. I met up with some friends and we started watching it at The Hub in the student center, but we ended up at the Institute to watch the game. It was packed. USU lost by one point, which was a heart breaker. It was a really good game and we gave them a run for their money, but Marquette squeaked by with the win. It was so sad.
During Lindsay's spring break, my family came to Utah. I drove to Salt Lake and met up with them that Thursday afternoon. My poor mom got so sick on Friday, so that changed our plans a little bit. Fortunately, she started feeling better by Saturday. I also got to see baby Ella for the first time. What a sweet, snuggly little thing! We celebrated Lindsay's birthday on Saturday instead of Sunday since they drove home then. I can't believe she's 15 already! It blows my mind. Aunt Elaine made a delicious dinner for all of us. Mandy, Josh, Nicole and Grandma Vance came over as well. Aunt Elaine made awesome cinnamon rolls and I brought Lemon Custard Aggie Ice Cream, Lindsay's favorite. I think she had a pretty good birthday.
Lots of love and Lemon Custard Aggie Ice Cream,
Carlie



No comments:
Post a Comment