Whew! I don't think I've ever had a more intense first week of school. It's been great but it's been crazy! But I made it!
Top Highlights of the Week:
1. Five AWESOME professors. I really lucked out this semester. All of my professors seem like they are going to be great. They all know they're stuff and actually care about seeing their students succeed. My biology professor actually took each of our pictures so he could keep them with our names so he could try to memorize everyone. There are 220 of us in that class alone.
2. Marathon Tuesdays and Thursdays. At first I had an institute class scheduled for 9:00 on T/Th morning. I have back to back to back to back classes all day long until 6:00 that night. I switched institute to Monday/Wednesday. Good call? I think so. I'm also switching institute choir to Monday/Wednesday. Then I'll be done by 4:15 on T/Th. I might be able to survive those days now.
3. Two truths and a lie. To break up the class period, my accounting professor has us play two truths and a lie. We wrote ours on cards and he picks a couple each class time. There were some interesting ones this week. Apparently one girl had nine permanent teeth pulled. Guess that puts my dental work into perspective. One guy accidentally put two lies in and a truth. See if you can guess which one was the truth... A) He was addicted to heroin. B) He tried to kill his childhood dog twice. C) He's eaten a bat.
4. Weekly Wednesday Winner Dinners. This one was a Megan original. She made dinner for all the roommates that were going to be around and a few select "winners." We're turning it into a weekly tradition. For pics from that night, click here.
5. TV issues. This is a minor thing. We're now on a different cable service than we were last year. All of the channels are different now. I only have KSL, CNN, and MSNBC memorized for now. Not too much of a problem except that the tv in my room doesn't work unless you manually punch in the numbers of the channel. Makes channel surfing a little lame. And the remote for the tv in the living room is in Rexburg at the moment with Stacey's family. Again, channel surfing is a little lame.
6. Textbook mishaps. I bought my textbooks online thinking I'd be saving a whole bunch of dough. That was partially true. Unfortunately one of the textbooks wasn't the one I needed. The textbook I bought had only half of the material for the course. USU created a custom edition that had two textbooks within one bound book. I had to go buy the custom one. Hopefully I can resell the other one on the internet to make up the loss a little bit.
7. Meet the boyfriends. This week there were three biggies. I'd never met Stacey's boyfriend before, but I got to meet him for a second when he was helping Stacey move in over the weekend. I suppose I can forgive him for stealing Stacey from me at the end of this semester when she transfers down to Dixie. Actually, I'm mostly living in denial about this fact. I think I may have met Natalie's boyfriend before, but I don't really remember. I got to meet him this week at our Weekly Wednesday Winner Dinner. Modern technology is great. I got to meet a friend of Katey's via Facebook. We chatted online for about an hour the other night. How great is it that I can sort of meet people clear across the country from the comfort of my bedroom?
8. Aggie Ice Cream. I love Lemon Custard Aggie Ice Cream. It could very well be one of my absolute favorite parts of attending USU, apart from basketball season of course. We headed to play high stakes bingo at the student center on Thursday night but we didn't get there early enough. The line was snaking clear through the TSC all the way outside. Instead of pretending like we were hoping we'd still manage to get in, we went to get Aggie Ice Cream. And I had one of my free scoop coupons so I didn't even have to pay for it.
9. 80s Dance. By Friday night I was pretty much shot. There was an 80s dance but I didn't really have much desire to go into the sweat sauna and get my groove on. Kacee had volunteered to help at the dance so I just went with her. We ended up being crowd control/bouncers. Haha. We're not very scary. For the first hour and a half we just directed people to check in lines. For the second hour and a half we were down by the Hub not letting people in or out of those doors. Some idiot pulled the fire alarm so the whole building had to be evacuated. After everyone was let back in, Kacee and I headed back to our spots for the rest of the night.
10. Sizzler Dinner. Megan and I went to Sizzler for dinner Friday night. We were hoping to catch Natalie working that night but we only saw her from behind for a few seconds. She seemed pretty busy. Meg called Landon to come join us. I think he's the only one who got his full $12 worth.
Lots of love,
Carlie
2 comments:
i love this whole post!
love the post carlie sue. fun first week! thirteen more to go!!!!
Post a Comment