Saturday, September 12, 2009

I'm getting old...


Wow. Where did the time go? I can't believe I survived the teenage years. In honor of the anniversary of my birth twenty years ago, I decided to recap the highlights of my last decade of birthdays:
10. Birthday party at the house with a bunch of girls from school and church that didn't know each other. Kendra Fahnestock got me Disney's "Tarzan" CD because it had a song from 'N SYNC on it. That was back during my boy band phase.

11. Cake and ice cream with the family and Cerola.

12. First birthday in our new house. I was sick. It was the day after September 11, 2001. A national day of mourning. I got Backstreet Boys concert tickets.

13. Went to Boondocks with Emilie Williams, Krystal Kjar, and Sandy Thompson. Burned my tongue on cinnamon sticks.

14. 50s party with the girls. A handful of the girls remain my closest friends to this day. That was the first time I experienced Katey McDonald, Tiffany Hippe and frosting.

15. Flowers and cake with the family after volunteering during the morning at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center.

16. Luau in my backyard. Kellen Blackman was lighting Starburst wrappers on fire and dropping them in the woodchips.

17. Pink Party. Everything was pink. Pink frosting ended up on my ceiling after the frosting wars started by Katey and Tiffany.

18. Surprise party at Kacee Cambron's house. I didn't have a clue. Kacee and Kristen took me out to dinner. Bunch of people at Kacee's when I got home, even my family was in on it.

19. At USU. My family got into town around 8:00 that night. Went to dinner with Richard Hansen. Roommates were out of town.

20. Stacey made me birthday dinner on Thursday night before I headed home Friday afternoon. Mom made me homemade muffins and fresh squeezed orange juice for breakfast. Went to lunch with the family and Cerola. Birthday dinner later tonight. Lots of calls and texts from friends.


Thanks so much everyone!

Love,

Carlie

P.S. Check out the cute blog post from my roommate, Megan. Click here.

No comments: