Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Little Things...

This week has absolutely flown by. I can't believe it's Thursday already! I'm heading to Salt Lake City tomorrow to stay with Aunt Elaine for the weekend. I'm going to go to American Fork on Saturday to see Grandma Nanny and hopefully Aunt Megan and crew while I'm in town.

Nothing earth shattering has happened this week. Like the title of this post says, sometimes it's just the little things:
  • A perpetually happy character in Business Law asked me what fun things had happened since our last class. I actually had to stop and think for a minute. So many times I get so caught up in everything that's happening with school work and other things that I forget to stop and smell the roses. I came up with some good answers and heard his, but I've been more aware this week that I need to chill and enjoy life occasionally.
  • $1.50 Taco Tuesdays are the best part of Tuesdays. This week Shana, Megan, Natalie and I waited in line with half of Logan to get cheap food. It's a college town, what more can you expect? Nat's boyfriend Jordan and a couple of his friends met up with us there later, too. I've met some kind of fun people this week.
  • Free movie on the HPER field was a blast. I'm not much of a trekkie, but the movie "Star Trek" was still pretty fun. I was sitting next to some guys who hauled their living room couch onto the field to watch the movie. It was nice to have something to lean on besides poor Stacey the entire time. It was colder than I'd thought it was going to be and I couldn't really feel my toes by the end of it, but it's all good.
  • Two or three days this week I woke up with texts from my friend, Katey, who's going to school at Yale. I loved waking up to messages from her. We may be thousands of miles apart, but I love that we can still talk like we are only five minutes away.
  • I went to get my eyebrows waxed today. The spa now uses chocolate wax. Yes, you read that right, chocolate wax. It's easier on my skin than any other kind I've ever used. And to top it all off, I went into Great Harvest afterward to buy myself a muffin with a gift card and the cashier gave it to me for free.
  • I was told I looked really nice one day this week by someone I barely knew.
  • My MIS professor told me that I have an honest presence/aura.
  • I got my first graded assignments of the semester back. The verdict? Solid 100% in MIS 2100.
  • Wednesday Night Winner Dinner success! This week I volunteered to cook. I made sweet and sour chicken with pineapple, green pepper, and carrots; rice; spinach salad with strawberries and raspberry dressing; and homemade caramel sauce for ice cream and brownies. It even all turned out ok. To see this week's winners, click here. Everyone was really nice about it and complimented the meal.
  • This morning I passed Natalie in the business building. She said that her boyfriend said to say thank you again and that dinner was really good. How nice is that?
Love,
Carlie

No comments: