Corporate finance has just about killed me. I have never in my life had to work so hard on a class, and I've taken some pretty tough classes, from Chumbley's AP US History (remember how I outlined the book on the beach in Monterrey, California?) to AP Calculus as a 16-year-old. This one has taken the cake. It has added so much stress to my life.
HOWEVER
I have met some of the greatest people in the world through our twice-weekly study groups. This study group has morphed into groups that go to Angie's for the Huntsman Cancer Foundation, Chili's for some medical organization that the Pikes were fund raising for, Firehouse Pizza when I won giftcards in a raffle, Aggie Ice Cream when we just couldn't stand finance anymore, and waffle parties at Erin's house with the Jazz game on in the background. It has been such a blast. At the beginning of the semester, none of us expected to be friends at all. Now we hang out often and have plans to go to a play and a BBQ in Erin's backyard next weekend. Last night some of us met at Firehouse and then met up downstairs at my apartment complex to watch a movie... More on that later. Just as a fun sidenote... I went to the Fringe Film Festival that featured student films on campus on Friday night and won a raffle for $30 to Firehouse. I never win stuff. I got excited.I've been involved in school organizations and have plans to be next year, too. I'm doing Business Council next year again. I'm also doing Beta Gamma Sigma, the business honor society. I honestly don't really know what we do, but I know that I bought the rights to put their little symbol on my resume. There are some other clubs and organizations I'm looking into joining next year.
OH!
I forgot to mention one of the biggest things going on in my life right now. A couple weeks ago I decided to add a double major. I am now majoring in Human Resource Management in addition to marketing. It's only another 5 classes, and since I only need 7 more to finish up my marketing major, this seemed like a good call to me.
I am now brunette. I kinda got a bee in my bonnet last weekend and decided it was time for a change. I have thought about it for a long time and finally bit the bullet and did it. Jules was the artist behind the hair dye. Shana had to make an emergency run to Walmart to get more dye since my hair is so dang thick and we needed more. It's just a temporary dye and it's fading like crazy already, but I really like it so maybe I'll do something more permanent later. I also went and got it cut today but it's not that drastic so that's barely worth mentioning.
There are a long list of things everyone in Logan should do during their tenure here. I am well on my way. Here are just a few.
Clean the sink at Angie's. Check.
Eat at the Bluebird. Check.
Aggie basketball. Check. Many, many times, check.
Betos at an unearthly hour. Check.
Bonfires up Logan Canyon. Check.
Spend so many hours at the library that it literally makes you ill to walk into it after a while. Check.
Hike to the wind caves. Check! (As of Saturday)
So in other random news, on Saturday night, I had some friends that came over and a group of us headed down to Jared's apartment to watch "Avatar" in Blu-Ray HD on a 9 foot screen. There is no other way to watch that movie. It was awesome. Ok, honestly, I didn't care for the movie itself that much, but the color was so intense. That made the entire movie right there.
So anyway, now I'm on to finals. Only a few more days. Where did the time go???









2 comments:
STRAIGHT UP! If you need any more 9-foot movie therapy, all you need to do is ask.
I love the brown hair! Do you realize I STILL haven't seen it!?? That is just ridiculous.
Post a Comment