Friday, April 9, 2010

Best Week of the Semester

It's been a tough semester. I've done lots and lots and lots of homework and study groups and tests and papers. It's been a little crazy. This week has been so good though!
  • I got an 88% on my corporate finance exam! That isn't too bad, but the best part is that the prof also posted the grades for the semester so far. Our grades are based on the second highest score in the class. I have 97.9% of the second highest grade and 2.67% extra credit points. That means, ladies and gentlemen, that I have 100.57% in my corporate finance class! Someone please explain to me how that happened!
  • I met with my adviser this morning to try to figure out the rest of my career here at USU. She was so cute. I keep most of my stuff together myself so I'm not much of a struggle for her to help. I had a little mini panic attack when I realized I only have nine classes left to graduate. It's gone so fast! I actually like college and don't want this part of my life to be over so soon. So, I was discussing my options with my adviser and I think I have life pretty well figured out. I am going to take MGT 3500 this summer via independent study. (I can pretty much knock out the class in three weeks.) I am also going to receive 12 upper division business credits for my study abroad in Switzerland. Well, that was a little bit of false advertising because those "are" business credits technically, but they don't really apply to anything. Well, my adviser Lindsey told me that she could apply that to the marketing track I'm doing so now my marketing track is done! Yay! So, now I only have seven classes needed to graduate. I'm looking at a political science minor which is really exciting. I have fifteen credits for that, which is only five classes. So it's looking like three semesters of 12 credits a piece or so. How exciting! I'm on track to graduate in December 2011!
  • Tuesday was a great day. I got a ton of stuff done and got to hang out with a bunch of friends, something I haven't been able to do for a long time. My partner and I were still in our Scotch Doubles Tournament in billiards (it was all him... I still suck). Bless his heart, he stayed after class with me for like forty-five minutes after every class period for almost three weeks to try to teach me. I'm definitely improving but I have a long way to go. When we were playing other teams, he would point me where to hit almost every time. I was almost shooting 50% with his help haha. Well, I sunk the final solid colored ball on Tuesday afternoon, on our final game, and all he had to do was sink the eight ball and we'd win. Well, he did... And then the cue ball curved and it went right in. I was really glad he lost it for us instead of me. Haha. He was pretty annoyed with himself. I just laughed.
  • So Thursday I ended up playing pool with this new guy and we started talking and I found out he lived in the LLC. He asked where I lived last year and it turns out he lives in my old dorm! He lives in the room next to the one I lived in last year! Crazy!
  • Wednesday night the girls all went out to celebrate Stacey's engagement. We went to Hamilton's and had bananas foster and it was delicious. I had to leave early and go to a study group, but it was way fun. I'm so excited for Stacey! Congrats, girl!!!
  • I got to see Kaitlyn and Kacee in the last twenty-four hours. That doesn't happen often, but I love it when it does!!!
  • This didn't happen this week, but a couple weeks ago, I went to American Fork for Grandma Nanny's assisted living center's annual Easter egg hunt. It was fun to see the family for a minute.
  • Also, spring break was awesome and I loved seeing old friends. Here's the only pic I got all week.
So, life is good. Lovin' life. School is busy... only a few more weeks!

No comments: