Sunday, August 28, 2011

Five Things

I've read a lot of blogs that highlight five things that make them happy on Fridays. I'm going to try to do mine on Sundays since that seems to be the one day of the week that I can actually catch my breath for a few minutes. (I tried to do this on Sunday anyway, but my internet was down.)

I have hands down the greatest family in the world. It's no secret that Logan hasn't been my favorite place to be this summer and it is still going to be a while before I get to go visit home again, so my sweet family came to visit me. After talking to Mom on the phone last weekend, I got a call back about fifteen minutes later saying they booked a reservation at the University Inn and that they were coming to visit me. I reminded her that Logan really is quite boring and that there isn't much to do, but they didn't seem to mind and they came anyway. I absolutely loved having them here. We went on a picnic, went to a movie (DON'T go see "One Day"), played games, and lounged around in Logan. What a great shot in the arm before school starts up again!
Secondly, I think I have moved into the greatest ward on the planet. Everyone is so friendly, the bishop even knew who I was by the second week, and we even have a ward choir. So far I have been to all my church meetings, FHE, ward choir, and ward prayer. We all know what a big deal that is!

My room is put together... Fairly close anyway. Things are organized and I can even find most things. I just have a new set of shelves that I need to fill so I can throw away the ones that cut me up when I moved.
M&M cookies that I tried to make. They didn't exactly turn out like these lovely ones did because I didn't let the dough chill long enough... But I will figure it out eventually!!!
I'm now borderline obsessed with Pinterest. I have found so many great recipes, craft ideas, decoration ideas... Want an invite to join? Let me know! It's the greatest time wasting invention since Facebook!

No comments: