Yesterday was my birthday. I spent the weekend in Boise with my family and it was absolutely wonderful. It's been a while since I've been home, so I loved spending the time with my sweet family.
On Friday, Mom, Dad, and I headed to Art in the Park at Julia Davis Park. I loved roaming around and seeing all the vendors, but my absolute favorite was Nancy's Gourmet Cookies. I kid you not, there are not better cookies in the entire city of Boise. Mom and Dad loved the iced sugar cookies, which were magical, but I loved the toffee almond cookie. No matter what you pick there, you can't go wrong. They are all delicious.
I love love love red velvet cake. At PF Chang's for lunch on Friday, the waiter brought out a red velvet dessert shot with a candle on top. Mom made me wonderful red velvet cupcakes while I was home. My coworker Sarah made amazing red velvet cupcakes and brought them into work on my actual birthday (she didn't even know red velvet was my favorite!). Mom asked if I was "red velveted out" yet... Not yet! Keep 'em coming!
One of my favorite things about my birthday is getting birthday texts and phone calls. I got several of both yesterday and they were the highlight of my day.
I know I've said it before, but my family really is so wonderful. They went out of their way to make sure I had a good birthday, even though I couldn't be in town for the actual day. They are keepers!
I love getting new earrings. My family got me some great ones for my birthday. I love matching them up with new outfits and combining things I wouldn't have thought would look good together.
1 comment:
Happy late birthday! I am so glad it was a wonderful one! :)
Post a Comment