Sunday, November 27, 2011

Five Things: Thanksgiving Edition

This month has been one the most insane and most wonderful months I've ever had. At this special time of year, I'm reminded that I have so much to be thankful for and happy about.

I have the sweetest little sister on the planet. When they arrived in Salt Lake on Wednesday, Lindsay had a "finals week/GMAT care package" for me. If you can't tell from the picture, that's lip gloss, socks, sleep mask, soap, sticky notes, and pj pants. What a sweetie!

This Thanksgiving was awesome. The food was divine and having the family around was fantastic. I have missed seeing everyone.

I can't believe it, but I went Black Friday shopping. I didn't do the crazy midnight door busters, but by 2:00, Aunt Elaine, Mandy, Mom, Lindsay, and I headed to South Towne. We still got great deals but didn't have to deal with the violent, insane crowds.

Lindsay helped me put together Christmas gifts on Thanksgiving morning. It went so much faster with her helping me and they turned out so cute!

On Saturday, Mom, Dad, Lindsay, and I headed to Temple Square to meet with Jose Luis and his wife, Maria, a couple that Dad baptized on his LDS mission in Spain 31 years ago. They are in Utah to pick up their son, who is serving a mission in St. George, Utah. It was so fun to visit with them, and Lindsay's Spanish translation app on her phone was extremely helpful. Temple Square looked beautiful. We went back later that night to look at the lights. It was gorgeous. There were so many people it was hard to move around! (By the way, these photos are all courtesy of Lindsay... she's taking a photography class and doing a great job!)

So now I'm back in Logan. I just finished the last chapter in my GMAT prep book. I'll review a few things over the next few days, and then I'm taking the test on Wednesday. I am so ready for it to be done! Bring it!

No comments: