Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October 14, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... in October!!!! I couldn't believe all the snow we got in the last couple of days. I'm just grateful it didn't really stick. I'm not ready to drive in snow yet! Yesterday morning the snow stuck to the grass until about noon. Today is a beautiful day, although it's a little cold.
I got my Statistics test back last week. I got a 96% on it, which I was extremely excited about. When I got the paper back, it looked like I got a 96/150, which pretty much gave me a heart attack. I was SO relieved when I realized it was 96/100. I had thought that I'd done well on it, so I was glad when I realized my prediction was right. Today I took my Sociology mid-term. It was really easy, so I'm not worried about that at all.
On Wednesday of last week, I had studied for five solid hours in the afternoon and was going a little stir crazy. Stacey and I took a quick walk around the neighborhoods around campus and west campus itself. The fall colors are pretty awesome. I wish I could have taken some more pictures that actually did it justice. The colors just keep getting more intense. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of weeks since it's getting so cold so quickly.



This weekend was great to get caught up on some rest. It'd been a pretty busy week and by Friday night I was really worn out. My room mate Ashley and I grabbed Kacee, her room mate Kaitlyn, and Kaitlyn's friend went to the movie theater to see "Eagle Eye," but it was sold out when we got there. Instead, we went to Kacee's dorm and watched "Hitch." I'd forgotten how much I liked that movie. Ashley had to work early Saturday morning, so I took her back and then headed back to Kacee's to watch "Footloose." (I've discovered the beauty of watching movies over and over again since I got to school... one they've been purchased, they never cost anything again!) Saturday was so fun! When I was home the previous weekend, Dad offered to pay for me, Stacey and Kacee to go to Maddox in Brigham City. (That was the restaurant where I went with Grandma and Grandpa for their anniversary.) Since it was snowing all morning on Saturday, Stacey drove since she's from Rexburg and actually knows how to drive in snow. I'll get there eventually, but it's going to take a while! Lunch was SO yummy! We all got steak that was excellent. For dessert, I wanted to get peach pie like Grandma and Grandpa had, but they weren't making it anymore. Instead, we got a slice of pumpkin cheesecake to share that was delicious. I wouldn't have thought to mix pumpkin and cheesecake together, but it was awesome! Thanks Daddy! :) Sunday was kind of a long day. We had Stake Conference for church in the Logan Tabernacle. It was a really long two hours. It was good, it was just really really long.
This week is looking like a great one! Like I mentioned, I had a Sociology mid-term today, and then I'll have a Statistics quiz on Thursday. Nothing really big is going on this week, which is great. I get to go home for fall break on Thursday! I'm so excited! I know I was just there a couple of weeks ago, but I'm really excited! I love being home! I'll leave Thursday at about 1:00 after all of my classes are done. My friend Darcy will ride home with me, so at least I'll have someone to talk to on the way. It's such an ugly drive that it's nice to have someone to talk to.
Lots of love and Chocolate Almond Aggie Ice Cream,
Carlie

No comments: