Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October 7, 2008

Hi there!
Well, school has been business as usual for the last week. I had my first Statistics exam on Thursday and I feel like I did really well. The professor announced today that the class average was around an 80%, with 41% of the class scoring over 90%. I should get it back in the next little while, which will be a good thing. Because I had a Creative Arts test and a Statistics test, Friday I got out of classes by 9:30! It was great!

OK, I have a confession. I made a quick road trip home over the weekend. I didn't tell many people I was coming home, because I just wanted to hang out at home since it was my first time back in Boise. It was heavenly! The drive itself wasn't too bad. Kacee and I left Logan by about noon and made pretty good time. We hit a couple of rainstorms on the way, but it was nothing unbearable. I hit the door at home and immediately started sobbing. Guess my family now knows how much I love being home! :) I spent Saturday and Sunday watching General Conference for church. It was sooooo good being home! I loved being in my own bed and having my room back. It was great! Lindsay had written a sign on the driveway for me to read when I got home. I wish I could have taken I picture of it, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it so the whole sign was in the picture. It was cute though. Mom's home cooking was SO delicious! I loved every bit of it! I'm also savoring my secret stash of her homemade chocolate chip and butterscotch chip cookies in my freezer. No one gets to know about those! :) Dad took me to the car place to get snow tires on my car. It's weird to think about, but I'm going to definitely be needing them here before very long. This week it's supposed to hit freezing. When Kacee got out of the car back at her dorm on Sunday, she said, "I think we've seen the last of summer." It's so true! It's already getting cold here! I can't believe it! I don't think it gets much over 60 degrees here in the day time! This is definitely a change from the beautiful 80 degree weather we've had the last little while. It'll be ok though. Anyway, back to Boise. We went to Famous Dave's BBQ for lunch on Saturday. It was pretty good, but I'm still more of a Goodwood and Texas Roadhouse fan. I also got to see Cerola, my "adopted grandma," while I was home. It was so good to see her for a few minutes! I certainly miss getting to see all those people I love back home. I'll be way excited to be back next weekend for fall break!

Our first road trip home! Kacee and me


Here's the storm we ran into. It wasn't too bad, but it looked pretty cool!

See? It's still fairly green, but the leaves are starting to change.

Hope all is going well in your neck of the woods!





Lots of love and Carmel Cashew Aggie Ice Cream,


Carlie

No comments: