Thursday, November 13, 2008

November 13, 2008

It's been a nuts couple of weeks! I have hardly had time to remember to brush my teeth, let alone sit down and write! I think I have things under control now... Haha. Those'll probably be famous last words. Ha.

School has been sort of crazy. It seems like a lot of things are hitting at once. I had a Stats exam almost two weeks ago. It went ok. I got an 84% on it. I was slightly perturbed until I realized that I still had a 96.11% in the class. I think I can live with that. :) I'll only have one quiz, one assignment and the final left in there. I can't believe it, but there are only 29 days left in the semester! I'm really excited! I've made it through my freshman semester. I'm now classified as a sophomore. I was six credits short of being a sophomore starting school, so it wasn't too hard to get that for spring term. I registered for next semester last week. For spring semester I'm taking English 2010 (the only English class I'll have to take in college... YAY!!!!), Accounting 2010, MIS 2200, Economics 2010, and Yoga! I'm really excited to take yoga. Hopefully that'll be a good stress reliever, since it's no secret how badly I need that in my life!

Last weekend my roommate Stacey and I made the trip to Boise for the Boise State v. Utah State football game. It was such a good weekend! Friday night we went to Disney on Ice with my family which was so much fun for me. I remember going to Disney on Ice when I was really young and I loved it! When I was probably three or four years old we went to both Aladdin on Ice and Beauty and the Beast on Ice. I have such fond memories of that! When we went to those when I was young, I remember getting cotton candy in a keepsake bucket that was in my sandbox for years. I was excited to get that again! Unfortunately, there weren't any cotton candy buckets. However, Dad generously paid an exorbitant $10 for a bag of cotton candy with a cheap mouse ears crown. We tried to get him to wear the crown, but he wasn't real keen on the idea. When we pulled into the parking lot, there were little kids everywhere! We felt so old at first, but then we decided we didn't care. It was an anniversary celebration Disney on Ice, so there were so many different characters. I really liked the parts with Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, the princesses and Mulan. It was so cute! After that, Stacey and I went to Moxie Java to visit Karey. I was so incredibly excited to see her! I wish she'd come down to Utah State for school because I miss her so much!

Well, it's no secret who won the BSU-USU football game. BSU creamed USU. I was just excited that USU made a couple of touchdowns! The final score ended up being 49-14, which is actually better than I expected. We had awesome seats. We were only about 15 rows back from the field. There weren't many USU fans in sight, but we made do with what we had. Dad had such split allegiances that he just cheered for whichever team was on offense. The weather even cooperated fairly well. The rain didn't start until the end of the second half. It started getting a little cold then too, but we managed for most the game. I was so glad Mom decided to come with us, even though football isn't really her favorite thing. After the game, Stacey and I went to the mall to go shopping and Karey met up with us there. I got another sweatshirt, which I'm discovering I need pretty much 24/7 around this place. That night after a Goodwood dinner (yum!) we ended up watching a movie and crashing fairly early. I was so exhausted! I felt bad that I wasn't more energetic, but Stacey seemed ok with calling it a night. We went to church with my family the next day and had a DELICIOUS Sunday dinner before they sent us off. We stopped in Burley to see Stacey's grandparents. They were so pleasant! I really liked them. They live in a charming home just on the Snake River. It's so beautiful there! We made it back to Logan by about 7:00 that night. It had rained pretty hard for most of the way. I was just glad it wasn't raining too hard when it was dark. That would have made it really hard to see.


Lindsay and her friend Lauren who went to the game with us

Stacey and me at the game

The whole stadium was blue and orange, except for the few of us supporting USU

I was so happy Mom came to the game!

This week has gone fairly well. I got the stomach flu which pretty much had me flat on my back on Tuesday. I didn't go to any of my morning classes. I managed to get myself up long enough to go to Stats that afternoon, but I was back in bed as soon as it was over. I felt much better by Wednesday, thank goodness. I don't have time to get sick! Today I had a Sociology test. I think it went pretty well. I was done early so I went to the student center to get a cup of hot chocolate before class. I got nice and settled with my copy of the New York Times when the fire alarm went off. I didn't even get a chance to get through the first article! I gave up and just went back to my dorm until class started. It was too chilly and wet to wait outside until the student center opened back up. I'll be excited to go to Aunt Elaine's this weekend. I haven't seen Grandma Vance for a long time, so I'm really excited to see her. She moved to an assisted living center in South Jordan so it's hopefully going to be easier for me to visit her. Nephi was quite a drive for just a quick weekend. I'm really excited for Thanksgiving (two weeks from today!) so I can be with my family again! And then only two weeks and I'm home for Christmas!!!! YAY!!!

Daddy and me after church

Lindsay and me just before I left
Lots of love and Aggie English Toffee Ice Cream,
Carlie

No comments: