Whew! What a week! It's been crazy!
School was pretty intense this last week. I had two major exams, one for Creative Arts and one for Chemistry. The Creative Arts one went really well. Chemistry was definitely more of a struggle. I studied so hard for that exam! I was up until one in the morning the night before trying to make sure I had everything crammed in my head, but it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I got an 82% on it, which isn't awful, but it certainly isn't what I was hoping for. I have a Stats exam this week, so I'll be busy studying for that. I feel like I know the material really well; I've done really well on all of my quizzes in there, so hopefully that will go ok.
Well, last weekend was homecoming week. It was pretty fun. Friday night I went over to Kacee's dorm and we had a blast. Out of the blue we decided to build a fort under the main stairs, which has now been dubbed "Friday Night Fortress." It was hilarious. We brought out blankets and chairs and stools and created a pretty intense fort. We had Kacee's and her roommate Kaitlyn's mattresses out to lay on. It was so funny. We met up with Corie who lives upstairs from Kacee and Eric. I'm not really sure who he is or where he came from, but he was there. At five minutes to midnight we booked it to the Quad for True Aggie Night. (For those who don't know, one becomes a True Aggie by kissing someone on the A-block at midnight on a full moon, Homecoming night, or A Day. With the exception of Homecoming and A Day, you have to kiss someone who's already a True Aggie. Homecoming and A Day are fair game for whomever.) That night there were over 2,000 people. It was way funny. Kacee, Kaitlyn and I just watched and it was hysterical. We were headed back to the fort when we ran into Karlie Fitzgerald and her date Rob. I'd met Karlie earlier in the week and really liked her. I drove them back to their dorms so they could change into more comfortable clothes and then a bunch of us went to McDonald's to get some food since we were starving. I headed back to my dorm to get some sleep after that, but I guess the fort party went on into the wee hours of the morning.

We had so much fun in our fort!
Best Friends! Kacee and me
All of us crammed in the fort.
Not sure what this was doing at True Aggie Night, but it was cool lookin'.
We were cracking up. Some couples just couldn't resist randomly kissing all over the Quad.
Tuesday night, Landon, Richard, Ashley, Stacey and I cracked out Cranium and played. I hadn't played that game in so long! I'd forgotten how much I liked it! There were some pretty funny moments.
Wednesday night Stacey and I had to go to Taiko Project for Creative Arts. It was a Japanese drumming performance. It was pretty interesting. Ii hadn't realized how much of a song could be created just from drum beats. There was an enormous three hundred pound drum that literally made you shake when it was beat. The performers had so much intensity that it made it pretty fun to watch. My only complaint was that between pieces they talked about the history of Taiko drumming and made weird little tributes to early American Taiko drummers.Friday, Halloween, was a total blast. I had my cursed chemistry exam that day and a stats quiz, but I think that one went well. In Creative Arts there was a costume contest which was pretty funny. One person dressed up as the professor and was quite accurate with the entire presentation. The professor dressed up in some weird costume too. It was like a long black dress and you couldn't see his face. It's hard to describe. I didn't dress up since I had tests to worry about that morning. That afternoon Stacey and I went shopping to grab some last minute things for our costumes. Stacey's friend from Rexburg, Cole, and his friend, Kade, came down to Logan for USU's Howl party. Stacey and I dressed as flappers. It was so much fun! I had so much getting dressed up. I haven't dressed up for the last ten years, so this was a blast. I had some pretty intense make up, especially eye liner and bright red lipstick. I'm amazed it stayed on the whole night, but it did! I went all out on the costume; I had a black and gold flapper dress and long black gloves and a red boa and fishnet stockings and a garter. So much fun! I had on gold high heels, too, and by the end of the night my legs were killing me. Stacey was a flapper too, but her dress was red. She looked way cute! Cole was Indiana Jones and Kade was a biker. The Howl was pretty fun. We got there early, which was good because we got to kinda enjoy it before the crowd really hit. It was pretty nuts once everyone got there. There had to be several thousand people. It got really hot, humid, sweaty and gross. I wasn't too sad when we left at midnight. After the Howl, Stacey, Cole, Kade and I went to Stacey's brother's house to spend the night. We watched the dumbest movie I have ever seen in my life. It was meant to be a scary movie but it was mostly just stupid. Saturday we just kinda hung out. I got a couple of papers written, which was a good thing. We played ping pong downstairs in the common room and watched a movie until the boys left. I was so absolutely exhausted from the day before. I wanted a nap but resisted so I made sure I slept that night. Stacey and I went to the Jon Schmidt concert that evening. He's an absolutely incredible pianist. That night I found out that he's a really fun entertainer too. His son's band opened for him. They had some technical difficulties getting sound stuff set up, but they did well. Jake White also played. He's a really good guitarist. I really enjoyed listening to his stuff, even though I really wanted to fall asleep because I was so tired. Jon Schmidt did amazing. I loved hearing him play. It was all so good. It was hard to pick a favorite piece because they were all so phenomenal. I really liked "All of Me," which is pretty much a Schmidt Classic. "First Run" was probably my favorite, if I was forced to pick. It was all so good! We met up with Richard at the concert. He'd brought back some of his mom's homemade doughnuts that she makes every year for Halloween. They were amazing. I was way excited since I love doughnuts haha.
My outfit... I forgot to have the gloves on for this.
We were way cute flappers :)
The group of us... Indiana Jones, flappers, and a biker.
That's about it for me. Hope you're doing well.Lots of love and Raspberries 'n' Cream Aggie Ice Cream,
Carlie
No comments:
Post a Comment