Over Halloween weekend I went to Aunt Elaine's house in Sandy. We went to her ward's trunk or treat on Friday night and just hung out on Saturday. There were a few trick or treaters that came to the door, but not a ton. I met up with Joni Cook, a friend from high school, at a Starbucks in Salt Lake. Joni pitches for the University of Utah softball team. It was so fun to see her! I didn't have class Monday morning so I stayed in Sandy overnight on Sunday and took a leisurely time getting back to Logan.
Basketball season has finally arrived. Words cannot express my intense joy. October 28 there was just a scrimmage that I went to with Kaitlyn Sprouse. Only the diehard nutjobs went to that. I am proud to count myself among that number.
On November 7, the Aggies played Trinity Western. They are a team from Canada. They were definitely not a very good team. We were ahead by thirty for a good portion of the game and ended up winning by twenty-five. Trinity Western didn't into double digits until like five minutes into the game. It was kinda sad. Kaitlyn and a bunch of her friends got to the Spectrum crazy early and got amazing seats. I had errands I had to do, but I was ultimately only a few people behind them and we were on the second row. It was glorious. For an exhibition game, the Spectrum was really packed. It's a good sign or things to come this season. As I'm typing this I'm watching the Aggies play U of U in Salt Lake. It's way closer than it should be.
School is going fine. I can't believe the semester is winding down. I have three tests in the next six days. It's going to be intense. Today was my last day in business law. I have an essay left in there, but there isn't any official class left. I studied accounting for four and a half hours today in addition to an hour of tutoring in it. I think I might hate that subject.
Last night we had a bachelorette party for Natalie last night. It went really well. We went to Beehive Grill for dinner and then had dessert and a game at our apartment with some of the ambassador girls. Stacey and I created a version of the Newlywed Game. We asked Natalie's fiance Jordan some questions and videotaped his answer. I put his answers into a dvd. We asked Natalie the same questions and for every question that Natalie answered differently she had to stick a piece of gum in her mouth. She had a pretty substantial wad of gum by the end, but she got most of them right!
Life is good. It's a good thing Jared Quayle is a stud. He carried the game by himself. We lost to the U 68-67. How depressing.
Lots of love,
Carlie
1 comment:
Oh em gee. those cupcakes look DELICIOUS.
Cute cute blog! :D
Post a Comment