- Remember that econ midterm that was so severely botched? Well, I still don't have my score back yet, but I managed an 86% on the true/false portion, which is a huge blessing. The free response section definitely isn't going to be as pretty.
- Speaking of economics, we were given that midterm on a Thursday. We were slated to have a quiz over the material the TA taught us the next Tuesday. It was mostly about American protectionism. All I can say is thank you Adam Collins and Gail Chumbley (high school AP Economics and AP US History teachers). I actually knew what the TA was talking about, but I was one of the few. The prof showed up on Tuesday and told us that because the TA taught the material and things were still a little murky, he wouldn't give us the quiz at all and just give us all 100%. I had a bit of a Hermione Granger moment and kind of wanted to take the test since I'd put the time in and studied for it, but then I realized that there was no way I could get a 100% on it on my own, so it's ok. That means that I won't have to take the last quiz in there since the prof drops the lowest score and the other two are both 100%. Excellent.

- I am really in the mood for Christmas. I'm listening to my Christmas playlist right now.
- My apartment got a church calling. We are in charge of the bulletin board. Woohoo!!!! Apparently the bishop asked for an apartment of girls to do that, and our good friend Tom recommended us. Shana was the only one at church that Sunday, so she accepted the calling but said that she could only accept for herself since she was the only one there. All six of us were sustained that day and Shana told us later. Works for me!
- Saturday morning Megan and I went to Vic's soccer game. Man, the Utes are vicious. We lost. Bummer.

- Saturday afternoon the Aggies won their second football game of the season. It was monumental. When I was at the academic athletic center tutoring yesterday, there was definitely a buzz in the air. Hope they don't get too cocky.
- The Blue/White basketball scrimmage is this Wednesday. So excited. For exhibition game on Friday night. Man, I love this season.

- It's supposed to snow tomorrow. It's October. Can the heavens give me just a few more days of fall???
- Saturday night, Megan, Shana, Brad, and I went to Tom's concert at some hole in the wall place in Logan. He sounded incredible. I was so proud to say that I knew him. His band was performing before the main band, and the main band had him do a couple of cover songs with them. It was amazing. They did a cover of Tracy Chapman's "Give Me One Reason" and it was so, so good.
- Remember that business law exam that was 10 essays long? Guess who got 100% on it?! Super excited. I got dinged one point on one of the essays, but went extremely in depth on another one and got a bonus point there. The prof said that the guy that worked on it with me and I caught stuff that most students miss and he loved our thought process.
- I went and got my car fixed today. My folks got a recall on my car, something about a brake light and cruise control. The people at Murdock Motors were wonderful. I highly recommend them.
Carlie
1 comment:
car dizzle! my hermione who is going to help me study all next semester! love you girl!
Post a Comment