Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Quick Download....

I'm behind on my blog. Big surprise. It happens. Here's a quick summary of the last few weeks:

Meg, Stacey, and I headed to Provo one afternoon for a quick road trip. We met up with Meg's friend Darrian for dinner and then headed to the BYU vs. USU soccer game. Our friend Vic is on the USU soccer team, so it was fun to go to one of his games. Anyways, met up with my wonderful friend Kristen Milligan (a Cougar, but we'll forgive her) at the game. It was a blast to catch up for a few minutes. The final score was 2-0 with BYU winning. What a shame. Still a fun trip.

That Saturday was USU's homecoming football game. When it got to be Saturday night, I was pretty darn sick and couldn't really get off the couch. I missed the game, but USU won! That's monumental!

The week in academics was a bit strange. On Tuesday I was supposed to have an accounting exam and an economics midterm. I studied hard for both. Unfortunately, there was a flaw in administering the economics exam. Read: Someone screwed up and didn't show up to administer the midterm. The professor's in Russia and someone else was supposed to give us the test. It didn't happen. Needless to say, I was annoyed. Let's talk about opportunity cost, since this is an economics class. I gave up time studying accounting to study for economics. The economics exam didn't happen. Time is a scarce resource. I ended up with an entirely sunk cost, my time, when that test didn't happen. I was so irritated. I guess I can't complain too loudly because I ended up with a 100% on my accounting exam!!!! That was pretty exciting. I ended up skipping around my kitchen when I found out.

On Wednesday in preparation for Winner Dinner, I made sugar cookies in the shape of leaves. I used a different recipe for the icing, so it didn't pipe as well as I'd hoped. They looked kinda funny, but they tasted ok. Stacey was a great help in getting the cookies rolled out. Kristin made dinner, an Italian pasta soup. So so so good.

Thursday morning I got in my car and headed to Boise. It was my dad's 50th birthday and my grandparents were in town. It was good to be home for a few days. Getting laundry done while at home was an added bonus. Friday we went to the Brick Oven Bistro for lunch which is one of my favorite places. Friday night we had a party for Dad with a bunch of people from his previous workplace. It turned out really well. The drive back to Logan on Sunday was a little snowy, but I made it back despite the mini-blizzards.
All in all, life is good. It's definitely getting to be fall around here.

Lots of love,
Carlie

No comments: