Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I should be going to bed but I can't sleep...

Here are a few things new with me:
  • Totally rocked my presentation in Environment and Society on Monday. The prof said he was really impressed because our chapter was really short and didn't have much useful information so we dug in and really developed the important ideas well.
  • I'm no longer sick but I often break into spontaneous coughing fits.
  • My favorite song for the month of January is "Cowboy Casanova" by Carrie Underwood. Go look it up.
  • I have a meeting for school tutors on Thursday.
  • Tests really start up next week.
  • There is, thank heavens, a basketball game on Saturday. It's been a long, painful two weeks.
  • I may be going to Switzerland for a month for a study abroad in June.
  • My phone wasn't working today and I couldn't send or receive texts all day long. It almost sent me into a panic attack. Is this a sign that I'm addicted to my phone? Probably.
  • We got a new roommate this semester. Her name is Jules and I adore her more every day. This weekend we made brownies at 2:00 a.m. and chatted when I had a bomb dropped on me that wasn't a happy bomb.
  • I am almost completely up to date on my school readings. I read all about tsunamis and earthquakes yesterday. Tomorrow I'm reading about volcanoes.
  • In operations management yesterday, we were discussing various companies and management styles and Cypress was a sample company. I almost spit my water out all over the floor I was so stunned. They talked about "No Excuses Management" and the principles within that. I couldn't believe it.
  • I am going to the opera to watch Kacee on Friday. Also, her boyfriend, Shane, wrote a section of the performance. I'm super excited to see it.
Now let's see if I can get some sleep...

No comments: