Shana did this a while ago and today seemed like a good day for me to do the same. Here are 100 things that make me happy.
- My mom's cooking. I just ate some leftovers I got to take with me on Monday. She is a much, much better cook than me.
- Wallflowers from Bath and Body Works. I have a Juniper Breeze one in my room right now, and when I went to talk to Jared yesterday, he had an Apple Cinnamon one in his room. It made me think of Thanksgiving and fall, my favorite season.
- Sunshine. In the summer, I often take UV rays for granted. I get so, so excited to see them in during this time of year.
- Funny texts Lindsay sends me during her lunch hour. I got one during one of my classes yesterday and almost laughed out loud.
- Professors that actually give a rip. In the vast majority of my classes, my professors actually know my name, and some of them actually know about me and my life.
- Stephen Covey joined the Huntsman School of Business. Yes, you read that correctly: Stephen Covey. This is gonna be HUGE for the school. The PR guy for Huntsman School of Business gave us a heads up about it at business council on Tuesday and he was almost giddy; it was hilarious. For more info on that exciting news, click here.
- Flowers. It's been a while since I've seen fresh flowers. When I picked up a prescription at the pharmacy on Tuesday, the pharmacist gave me a single red rose.
- Meganisms. My favorite of late has been "Flub it to me." It can be used in whatever context you want and mean whatever you want it to mean.
- Seeing old friends. I hadn't seen Vic, Tom, or Ken all semester and Meg and I got to see them on Monday night.
- iTunes playlists. You can arrange music however you want and have a playlist for any occasion. I have a great one going in the background right now.
- Getting my car washed. I love, love, love having a clean car. I sometimes let things get cluttered, but a freshly vacuumed interior, sparkling windows, and dust-free dash board make me really happy.
- My extended family. I heard from two of my aunts today. It was great.
- Roommates. I live with the most awesome girls on the planet. It makes life in Logan so much better.
- Photographs. My room is covered in them.
- Random text messages. Tiffany Hippe sends some of the best.
- Free cell phone minutes for my entire family. We are all on the same network, which is good because we spend many, many minutes on the phone.
- Skype. We tried a huge Skype conference call with the Idaho girls and we couldn't quite get everyone there at the same time, but the technology is there, so someday we'll get it to work.
- How when it snows, it's super quiet outside.
- The smell of rain.
- Keeping in touch with old friends. I still text Cal Luzum and Tiffany Rudolph from the People to People conference I went to at UCLA three years ago all the time. I talk to Karey Hoke at least three times a week, and we've been friends for over half of my life.
- Running into people I know on campus. The first year that didn't necessarily happen that often. This go around it happens every day, several times a day.
- Scrapbooking. I love it.
- My dad's advice. He has a way of saying things that just makes sense to me and reminds me that situations usually aren't as bad as they seem.
- Chocolate lasagna. I think I'm going to make it today.
- Boise. I know it's not the most glamorous place in the world, but it's home. I start smiling every time I drive past the Micron plant on the outskirts of Boise, and then start screaming when I hit Eagle Road, and then start smiling when I hit N. Cove Colony.
- Pumpkin. I love fall treats that include pumpkin. This last year some of my favorites were pumpkin squares with cream cheese frosting, pumpkin pancakes, and a four layer pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, drizzled caramel, and pecans.
- Board games. My family isn't big into board games, but I love playing them. A few of my recent favorites are Scene It, Cranium, Loaded Questions, and Apples to Apples.
- Disney. Anything related to Disney. I love it all.
- Thinking about going to Switzerland this summer. I talked to some of the guys that went this fall and it got me really excited.
- Cupcakes. I love making cupcakes. Some of them have turned out pretty cute.
- "Friends." The tv show. It makes me laugh.
- When my dad makes fun of the crappy speakers that make it impossible to understand the drive-through workers.
- The hot chocolate from 7-Eleven on Main and 400 N.
- Friends that tell you exactly the way things are without sugar-coating anything. It's so refreshing that it makes me happy.
- Kristin's iPhone. It's like an extra appendage on her. It has been used to play a few fitting youtube clips and songs just for me recently.
- Virgin margaritas at Chili's. Kristin was also a big part of this.
- My mom is available to talk to me on the phone on the way to my 10:30 classes 90% of the time.
- February is almost over, which means March is almost here, which means spring is on its way.
- Stacey has become Miss-Fix-It. Our vacuum struggles and Stacey is the one that knows how to fix it.
- Two years ago today I was in Vancouver, British Columbia. I got to stand by the countdown clock to the Olympics that are currently occurring.
- Music. I have become more addicted to my iPod than I was before.
- Friday lunches in the Hub with Kacee, Kaitlyn, and Corie.
- Hulu.com. It has become a really nice thing. I never have time to watch TV anymore, so this way I can stay caught up on my faves, "Grey's Anatomy," "Private Practice," and "White Collar," even if that means catching up at 2:00 in the morning.
- People that can make life into musicals. Meg's friend, Kevin, came over last night and brought a friend with him. His friend had recently gone through a nasty break-up and had a few items that needed to be disposed of. In the process of getting rid of them, Kevin broke into the chorus of Taylor Swift's "Picture to Burn" and Bryan Adams's "Here I Am." How fitting.
- Strawberries. It's getting to be the season again. I'm ready.
- Going for drives.
- Metallic silver Sharpies. It makes my grocery list seem much more exciting.
- The magnet on fridge that I got in Monterrey, CA. My family got me sign hanging in my room at home that says the same thing: "Put on your big girl panties and deal with it."
- I can now say "Bite me" in my apartment without people looking at me funny because they're so used to it.
- My hamper is divided into three sections so my laundry is already presorted.
- It is currently 21 degrees in Logan, but it is sunny and it seems warmer than it has been, so I've seen several people walk by in shorts today.
- Sunday naps.
- French tipped nails.
- Bubble baths.
- Brand new tubes of toothpaste.
- New boxes of crayons.
- Sitting and looking at photo albums, scrapbooks, or yearbooks.
- Reminiscing about the good old days with Kacee when we drive to and from Boise together.
- Thoughtful people. The sort that you tell things to and they actually remember what you said and ask you about it later.
- Friends that know they can tell me anything.
- The police blotter in The Utah Statesman. It's hilarious.
- Movies that make me laugh.
- When my Utah life crosses into my Idaho life. I have friends that know about each other and some that have even met each other. It makes my life easier.
- Loyal friends.
- Lindsay's stories that take a really long time to tell because she gives EVERY detail.
- Aggie ice cream.
- Have I mentioned the part about going to Switzerland?
- Facebook. It can be a curse, but I love just glancing over the news feed and seeing Katey's pictures from France and Stacey's adventures in St. George.
- Cheesecake Factory.
- Pros and cons lists. The kind that Megan makes. On her mirror with dry erase markers.
- Owl City's "Vanilla Twilight." It has become Jules's favorite song. It's playing loudly in our apartment often. It has become one of my favorites too.
- The ringtone that plays when my family calls is the Glee rendition of "I'll Stand By You." How fitting is that?
- There are some really comfortable benches in the library. They are my favorite places to sit and do homework.
- Corporate finance study group. It's a fairly large group of us, but the majority of us are struggling with the class and by the end of the study group our heads are ready to explode and our brains fall out of our ears onto the sidewalk. It has been a bonding experience for us.
- Candle warmers. I have a great one with a cherry lemonade candle that makes my room smell like summer.
- Jewelry.
- Purses.
- Boots.
- The high heels my dad saw and thought I might like last year. They are my favorites.
- Game nights at our apartment.
- My room. My room makes me happy for several reasons. It's my sanctuary. I come in and lock the door and hide. Other times I leave the door unlocked and open. When that is the case, my room becomes the hangout spot. There are usually one or two people on my bed, sometimes three, and a couple more on the floor. I don't know why, but that's just the way it is. I love it.
- My missionary map.
- Britney Spears "Curious" perfume.
- Abercrombie "Fierce" cologne.
- Target.
- Banana Republic.
- The Outlets in Park City.
- Temple Square in Salt Lake City.
- Sea World in San Diego.
- Clean sheets after a long day.
- Stacey Linderman.
- My lanyard that holds my keys. It's Disney Cruise Line. Happy memories.
- Getting mail.
- Spending time with my family.
- I've converted Lindsay to Aggie Basketball.
- My cough is 99.999999% gone.
- March is on its way. That means March Madness is as well.
- I get to go to Aunt Elaine's for the day tomorrow.
- I just bought fresh pineapple. And it was delicious.
- "Winning team, losing team" chants at Aggie Basketball games.




3 comments:
love.
that was amazing. i miss the police blotter in the statesman so bad! lol :)
Love it! I feel like I should do this too now! haha.
Post a Comment