Monday, September 20, 2010

New Name, Same Me

I decided it was time for a new blog name, something a little more upbeat and a little less connected with my rants. Don't fret though, the rants will still happen if appropriately triggered. "Don't Stop Believin'" was my class song my senior year and has remained on my most played list on my iPod ever since. I listened to it countless times in Europe. Regardless of what the rest of the lyrics say, the chorus is one of those feel-good, happy tunes that instantly puts me in a good mood.

Here's to more days of good moods.

As just a quick update, the last week was one of the best "birthday seasons" I've had. I loved being home with the family and letting them take care of me, getting cards, phone calls, and texts all day long, playing games at Erin's house where she made me birthday cookies, cute cards from my sweet friends all week long, flowers from Kaitlyn and Kacee, cake and pumpkin squares with a bunch of friends on Wednesday, and lunch with Shana on Friday.

This weekend was such a blast. Friday night I went to the Sig Ep house with Jolynn to listen to her boyfriend's band. Turns out there were three bands there that I actually liked listening to. I'm not to groupie level by any means, but I liked listening to them. Then we went swimming in their highly chlorinated pool. Saturday morning I did a bunch of homework and then that afternoon, Erin, Cody, and I went down to Salt Lake. We went to Zuppa's for dinner, which I absolutely love now, and then wandered aimlessly in Ikea for a couple hours. I saw Justin Tsatsa from high school there... what are the odds?! We met up with some of Erin's mission friends and played Word of the Street LIFE SIZE. They don't even make this, but some guy's dad owns the company and made us a life size version of it with 3'x3' tiles. It was so fun. I think they should produce it on a larger scale and help prevent American obesity. The weekend was almost perfect, minus a horrendous migraine on Sunday morning, but today is Monday, so it's on to bigger and better things.

School's going well, just business as usual. Nothing terribly exciting going on. Fall is certainly arriving in Cache Valley. Sardine Canyon was absolutely beautiful on Saturday. I love autumn in this place!

No comments: