I read
A Whole New Mind for my design thinking based study abroad this summer. It is also required reading for my Business by Design class. I've thoroughly enjoyed rereading it the last couple of weeks. If you haven't read it, you really should. In addition to discussing general right brain thinking, the author lists six "senses" that Americans should develop in order to be competitive in a global economy. They are Design, Story, Symphony, Empathy, Play, and Meaning. Since I really should be doing homework right now instead of blogging, allow me to enumerate a couple of my favorite quotes from the book.
"He who laughs last doesn't get it." -Helen Giangregorio
"Businesspeople don't need to understand designers better. They need to be designers." -Roger Martin (who I got to listen to in a lecture today on campus!)
"The guy who invented the wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was a genius." -Sid Caesar
"Games are the most elevated form of investigation." Albert Einstein
"You're not going to find the meaning of life hidden under a rock written by someone else. You'll only find it by giving meaning to life from inside yourself." -Dr. Robert Firestone
No comments:
Post a Comment