Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Let it Snow

Stop the presses. I think I've been in Utah too long.

I've stopped hating snow.

Don't get me wrong, I still detest driving in it, I still loathe the way the accompanying wind chills you to the bone, and I hate that snow usually means it will be quite some time before I see the sun again.

However, when we had our first serious visit from Jack Frost a couple weeks ago, I didn't want to be physically sick. It was actually kind of pretty. I was up in the OC Tanner Lounge in the business building which has huge windows on three of the four walls, so you get a pretty good view of the valley. The valley was getting pretty socked with in with snow, but it was actually quite pretty.

As long as I don't have plans to drive to Boise or Salt Lake, I actually kind of like snow now. I love huge flakes that are the size of marbles, I love how quiet it gets when it snows really hard, and I love the way the snow absorbs and reflects light at night so there's a soft orange glow about the place.

I'll probably start cursing the snow again in March when it's all dirty and mostly ice, but for now... Let it snow...

No comments: