Monday, November 1, 2010

Murder Mystery Party

This has to be one of the most fun Halloweens I've had. Ok, so it wasn't quite Halloween, but in Utah when Halloween falls on Sunday, Halloween is actually October 30. Anyway, this year, Jolynn, Erin, and I headed to Heber City for a murder mystery party at Jolynn's friend's cabin. It was such a blast! We all had certain parts to play and assigned costumes. Erin was a recent psychology graduate dressed as Maid Marion who was some crazy guy's brother and was secretly in love with some other guy. Jolynn thought she was supposed to be a gypsy and had her costume all ready to go but was actually a genie. We found a child's large costume at a store on Friday night and took a pair of scissors to it and cut it to make it fit her. She looked pretty cute, I must say. I was the maid. I borrowed a dress from my friend Valerie, Erin let me borrow an apron, I had tights from my flapper costume, and I bought a hat and a feather duster. It worked. I was actually the murderer, which was pretty funny. It was tough to "kill" the character I was supposed to get, but eventually we managed. My "husband," the butler dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow, accidentally read the script a couple weeks ago so he knew I was the murderer but he never let on. I worked on framing the crazy guy, so he knew it was me, but no one else would believe him. I had most people fooled, although Erin said she knew it was me. All in all it was a way fun night. I spent a lot of time feather dusting.


No comments: