I'm a homebody. I freely admit it. I am content with my life in Utah, but I am never more relaxed than when I am at my parents' house in Eagle. It has been a great long weekend here in the Treasure Valley.
I drove home after work on Friday afternoon. I managed to make it home just around sunset. Mom had dinner waiting for me when I arrived and Lindsay and Dad had pulled up their favorite YouTube video on the big screen TV for me to enjoy while I ate.
Saturday morning I headed to Starbucks with Tiffany in our usual meeting spot. Tiff is moving to Spain in about a month and this was the last time I'll get to see her before she leaves. I journeyed over to Barnes and Noble to pick up a couple of books since Logan no longer has a normal bookstore now that Border's has closed down. I checked out the new Tai Pan in Boise. I thought it was ok, but I like the one in Sandy better. My family met me at Olive Garden for
lunch and we spent the rest of the afternoon at the mall. We are all shoppers and while I didn't find anything I loved, it was still a fun afternoon. Linds got a new swimsuit and Mom got a hat for impending Florida trip.
This Sunday was one of the best Sundays I've had. Linds finally :) finished her Personal Progress program and got her Young Women medallion while I was there. She also spoke in sacrament meeting and did an awesome job. It was a missionary homecoming that day as well and it was easily one of the best I've ever heard. Mom made an awesome Sunday dinner, something I always miss when I'm in Utah.
Monday was a relaxing day. We all had little projects to work on and just enjoyed the day. We made a quick trip over to U-Swirl for frozen yogurt and huddled around the TV to watch the latest episode of "Castle."
Today it's back to the grind for all of us. Linds is at school, Mom is working on a bunch of projects, and Dad is working on work things. I'll be heading back to Logan soon and resuming normal activities tomorrow.
et's wrap up with the Five Things that have made me happy lately:
I got my official acceptance letter to USU's MBA program. Starting in the fall, I will be a full-time MBA student!
Mom made me a batch of Grandma Vance's applesauce chocolate chip cookies.
For Valentine's Day, I played the piano at Legacy Assisted Living. The older people particularly liked the songs they recognized like "Danny Boy," "The Way You Look Tonight," and "Fly Me to the Moon." A few of them even sang along.
Savannah works in my building and we've been going to lunch about once a week. It's nice to get away and have a break during the workday sometimes.
At church on Sunday, I got to see two of my favorite little kids in the world: Boston and Irelynn. They are the most good-natured kids and I can't help but smile when I see them.
Happy Tuesday!
1 comment:
A very happy tuesday, now that you updated and I've read your blog :) I love how reading about your happy, content weekend made me feel happy and content. Weird the way that worked. Glad you had a good weekend home. And also, are you going to Disney World AGAIN? in the near future?! jealous much!
Miss you!
Post a Comment