Woohoo!!! I survived my first week of major testing! They went pretty well too! 91% on chemistry and I feel like I did really well on sociology and statistics too! My first big paper is due on Tuesday this week, so I'm glad that I at least have it written so now I just have to fix it.



My parents will be extremely happy to know that I'm figuring out how to have fun once in a while too. Monday night my roommates popped in "John Tucker Must Die," a favorite movie of mine that Lindsay gave me for my birthday. Wednesday night I just really wanted to get out for a while, so Stacey and I went to Costa Vida, one of my favorite places to eat! I was so excited when I figured out where it was in Logan.
I hit the books really hard on Tuesday and Wednesday so I could have a fun day on Thursday. It was almost perfect except for one little snag: I accidentally took a sleeping pill instead of just my regular vitamins on Thursday morning. Man, that was a long day. I managed to get through it, but I had to take a
nap during my lunch break. That day was Grandma Pat and Grandpa Ed's fiftieth wedding anniversary. Since they were married in the Logan LDS Temple, they decided to come to Logan for the day. I was so excited that they came!!! They had their wedding breakfast fifty years ago at Maddox in Brigham City and Aunt Megan had given them a gift card to go there. They invited me to go with them, which made me feel so honored! It was their special day and they asked me to be there! Brigham City is about 40 minutes or so out of Cache Valley, so I was glad that Grandpa drove since I was still suffering sleeping pill side
effects. Maddox was absoultely delicious! Their rolls were soooooo good, all warm and flaky with raspberrry butter... yum! My steak was awesome and Grandma seemed to like her halibut and Grandpa liked his steak and shrimp. I managed to slip a note to the waiter telling him it was their anniversary so they got the fresh peach pie on the house. Those peaches were so good!!!
Yesterday, Friday, was fun. With my birthday money I ordered the original Scene It board game on the internet and it got here yesterday. After we were done with classes for the day, Stacey an
d I played a round. It's definitely more of a challenge than the Disney version! We went to the hockey game last night and met up with Richard there. It's the first hockey game either of us had been to. I understand that they're trying to get the puck in the goal, but much beyond that I understand very little about the game. They kept stopping at random times and it doesn't make sense to me that punching out the other team is acceptable behavior. And three fifteen minute periods is waaaay too long. We ended up staying for only two because it was cold and we were getting bored. I heard USU ended up beating Weber State 8-5. We headed back to our apartment and watched "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and "Miss Congeniality 2."
Today, the plan is to go to "Nunsense" at 2 and hit the end of the football game if we can. USU actually has a chance of winning this one! I'm not holding my breath though.
All in all, I'm doing really well. The leaves are starting to change colors and it's getting really beautiful here!
Lots of love and Mint Chocolate Chip Aggie Ice Cream,
Carlie
Carlie
No comments:
Post a Comment