Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 27

Oh wow. This was one of my absolutely most favorite days. It wasn't even anything that crazy exciting, but I absolutely loved it!

Last night was a bit difficult because we were all trying to figure out what to do and no one could decide on anything. Some of us were looking at caving in Vallorbe but people didn't want to pay the money to do that. Eventually a small group of us decided that's what we were going to do.

This morning Mike, Chance, Brandon, Rachel, Becky, Pam, and I headed to the caves. We walked for a while but it wasn't anything too strenuous. We got a tiny discount at the caves because we were students. The caves were actually extremely impressive. The temperature was so cool down there and the lighting in there was awesome. We only got to go in a small part of the caves but at the end, the lights lit up so we could see back into the cave for forever! At the end they had big displays of rocks and minerals from all over the world. I was into it for the first two rooms, but by the end I was pretty done with it.


We found kebabs in town for lunch after walking around aimlessly for about an hour.

The trains back to Leysin were SO hot. They were humid and just flat out uncomfortable. We found a solution to our problem. We decided to go swimming in Lake Geneva. We took the train back to our hotel and sprinted down to get our swimsuits. Chance, Brandon, Becky, Rachel, and I headed back to the train and down to Montreux for a swim. We found the perfect spot that had a little cement dock. It felt so good in that water after being so warm and uncomfortable for the afternoon. The water was so clear. I just tried not to think about the fish and critters swimming around with me. Everyone else tried chasing ducks for a while. I wasn't terribly into that, but it was funny to watch them!

No comments: