Don't worry, Mom and Dad, I'm over my No Child Left Behind phase... I'm not even really in the mood to rant about the national debt or deficit spending.
I guess I will settle with this: I'm so thankful I've picked a major that I actually enjoy. The closer it gets to graduation (this May's and I guess my own in December), the more grateful I am that I am spending my time doing something that is interesting to me and that I like doing. I've talked to so many people recently that hate their majors and everything about it. To me, that seems like quite a bit of money and time to spend on something they don't enjoy. Furthermore, what exactly are these people planning on doing for the rest of their lives? I realize that not everyone ends up doing something that directly relates to their college major, but to me it would seem like a college major is a good place to spring board from and move into at least a first or second job.
I actually like what I'm doing, even though at the moment I'm not exactly loving it. I'll admit that my marketing projects are starting to get old and that I'm really ready for the end of the semester, but that's just the way it goes at this time of year. Even though I'm ready to move on to the next thing, I still like what I'm doing. It's not a huge struggle to make myself do my homework because I can see the application in what I hope to be doing in a few years (months?).
And with that, I'll leave you with this highly interesting video clip: (Seriously watch this one... It's nuts.)
1 comment:
This is such an interesting video! I love stuff like this, it totally changes the way you look at things.
Post a Comment