While we waited for our FastPass time to kick in for Kilimanjaro Safaris, Mom, Dad, Grandpa, and I tried out Dinosaur, a ride we'd seen a documentary about but had never experienced in our previous trips. We walked right on the ride while Grandma and Lindsay waited for us on the outside. It started out cool enough and I'm glad I tried it, but the conversation after the ride went something like this:
Grandpa: Grandma would not have liked that.
Dad: Lindsay would not have liked that.
Mom: (Between deep, cleansing breaths) I don't feel very well...
Me: I have a tension headache that started in my shoulders and shot right up through the back of my head...
We also tried out "It's Tough to Be a Bug" which is at the base of the iconic Tree of Life in the center of the park. It's a 3D film featuring characters from "A Bug's Life." It was pretty cute and we enjoyed the extra features during the film like the creatures we felt crawling behind our seats and the water spraying in our faces. I think my favorite part of the experience was how calm and peaceful and truly beautiful it was there by the base of the Tree of Life. There was no indication of how many thousand people there were roaming the park at that very moment and the several thousand more waiting to get in.
I was grateful for FastPasses to get on Kilimanjaro Safaris. We got to skip some of the long lines and begin our journey before it got too hot and the animals slept the day away. This was probably the best safari we've been on, and we've done one every time we've gone to Disney World. The animals were quite active and we saw things we'd never seen before. We were so close to both the black and white rhinos. The lions were fairly active for that time of the day. We saw a variety of birds (something Mom and I probably could have lived without). There were several antelope quite close to our ride vehicle. I think my favorite thing about Kilimanjaro Safaris is that because of the nature of the ride, you always get a different experience. There are always different animals and the animals always behave differently. I really liked seeing the baby elephant chasing after his mom when he thought he was getting left behind.
The food was an experience all its own. We tried a bread sampler featuring naan as well as a couple others I can't remember the names of. There were different dipping sauces ranging from pickled garlic to mango chutney to cucumber yogurt. They were all extremely unique and I wouldn't have ever thought to pick some of those flavors! The cuisine was African with Indian flavor influences. I'm the first to admit I'm not a very adventurous eater, but all things considered, it wasn't too bad. Lindsay experienced another birthday song rendition and treat. The desserts were pretty awesome. Chocolate cake with raspberry ice cream, Dad tried orange sesame cake that he said was incredible, and Mom, Grandpa, and Lindsay tried what was basically banana ice cream.









No comments:
Post a Comment