Friday, April 27, 2012

Let the Memories Begin: Magic Kingdom

There's something inherently wonderful about walking down Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom, smelling the sweet aroma of sugary caramel apples and cotton candy. It's not like I'd never experienced it before, but I still get a grin on my face as big as the first time I went to Disneyland some 15 years ago.

For the first time, we got to meet all of our favorite Disney princesses. Lindsay finally got to meet Cinderella after many years of searching.


I loved the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Lindsay did not like that I got to drive the carpet, which went up and down with more frequency than she cared for. It's the same concept as Dumbo but in Adventureland where camels are likely going to spit at you.


Mom and I still love Prince Charming Regal Carousel. We particularly like it when the lines aren't very long!


Seeing the Magic Kingdom open first thing in the morning was a treat.

Dad and Lindsay road the Tomorrowland Speedway. "Speed" is a bit of an exaggeration... and I think they are both still dealing with leg cramps.

Liberty Tree Tavern for Lindsay's birthday. We looked forward to the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake for years.

We road the train from Fantasyland to Frontierland... Grandma, Grandpa and Dad walked/scootered over and beat us there!

I couldn't help but flirt with Goofy for a minute while we waited for lunch at Tony's Ristorante.

This was taken just a few minutes before the torrential downpour that nearly flooded the park... I'm only slightly exaggerating.

No comments: