Sunday, April 15, 2012

Let the Memories Begin: Epcot

Epcot is one of my favorite parks. I love imagining the possibilities of what could be in Future World and exploring the rich cultures of other nations in World Showcase.



Although there really isn't much to do there, I love the Canada Pavilion. I think it is charming and I like the rustic look and feel of everything from the totem poles to the bottles of maple syrup in the gift shop.

This year's Flower and Garden Festival is one of the most impressive I have seen. I thought the Beauty and the Beast topiaries in the France Pavilion were amazing. Lumiere was my favorite. We also took time to hang out with Sleeping Beauty, my favorite Disney princess.




I had heard rumors of Coca-Cola's Club Cool but had never been there. This time we checked it out and got to sample soda from all over the world. Mom quite liked Israel's lemon-lime flavor and I thought Costa Rica's Fanta interpretation was pretty good, but Lindsay did not like Mexico's apple!

 The United Kingdom Pavilion had us meeting more characters than we had in a long time! We met Winnie the Pooh and Tigger in the toy shop and Alice in Wonderland by the tea room. She was quick to point out that while it was Lindsay's birthday, it was my unbirthday. I also thought the Winnie the Pooh topiaries were adorable.





 Although every time we come to Epcot we swear to never do it again, Lindsay and I stopped at the American Pavilion for lunch because we just couldn't find anything else that sounded good to us. The food was pretty mediocre, but I thought Toy Story's Buzz Lightyear and Woody were pretty cute.


I found myself enjoying the Japan Pavilion more than I had before. It had a beautiful zen garden and koi pond to enjoy. The shopkeepers were so friendly and I think Lindsay racked up a lot of "happy birthdays" there.

Notice the hidden Mickey I found in the koi pond.




I just had to get a quick picture of Lady and the Tramp at the Italy Pavilion.


No comments: