In the early afternoon, we went and saw "The Blindside." I hadn't seen it yet even though I've been meaning to for over a month. I loved it. A lot. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

We stopped and visited our dear friend Cerola, an elderly lady we've been close to for years, in the hospital. Unfortunately, earlier in the week, she'd fallen when she was putting a box up in her closet and broke her collarbone and her pelvis. Bless her heart, she's been pretty miserable. It was good for us to get to see her at least for a minute.
Christmas Eve dinner is one of my favorite parts of the entire year. This year we had the classics: cranberry jello salad (that we only get once a year), pasta salad, cold cuts, chips and dip, and veggies. Because Grandma Pat was in town, this year we also got homemade whole wheat rolls and they were divine.



About the time we got to the hospital, I started developing a killer migraine. I tried to sleep it off before dinner and I thought I might have had it, but about halfway through dinner it came back strongly. Unfortunately, I spent the remainder of the night on the couch curled up ready to hurl.

For Grandma and Grandpa this year, I made a huge scrapbook of our trip to Disney World in June. I spent several hours this summer working on it and made the rest of the family help me with journaling (not everyone was happy about that... ahem, Lindsay). In the end it turned out really well. I think Grandma and Grandpa liked it.

1 comment:
those look like some excellent scrapbook pages. so sorry about your migraine! that sucks. i was curled up on my couch for a while on Christmas... always happens to me on a holiday. i hope you have a splendid new year!
Post a Comment