Thursday, December 31, 2009

Welcome 2010

I'm not going to lie. I'm not going to miss 2009. Not even a little bit. In Sunday School last week, our teacher was talking about what a crappy year 2009 was for him and his family. I'll just say that I'm happy for a new year and a new start. Don't get me wrong, not everything was gloom and doom for the year. Allow me to enumerate a few of the happy occurrences:
  • The 2008-2009 Aggie Basketball season ended with the WAC Championship title as well as a game in the first round of March Madness.
  • I didn't completely flunk my spring semester finals when I was totally doped on cold medicine that didn't react well with my system.
  • I finally got over the illness that plagued me for all of spring semester except the first three weeks.
  • I am now wisdom teethless. That is particularly good news because the doctor said if we'd waited much longer the roots would have gotten so long that they probably would have broken my jaw. Thank goodness they're gone.
  • The immense swelling from my wisdom teeth was gone just barely in time for my grandmother's funeral. I would have felt ridiculous participating in her funeral looking like a bruised chipmunk.
  • We had a glorious trip to Walt Disney World.
  • I got to spend a lot of time with my Idaho friends this summer.
  • I moved into a great apartment that isn't very far from campus. My roommates are great.
  • Utah State's football season wasn't nearly as abysmal as it has been in past years. It's final standing was 4-8, with a conference standing of 3-5. We're not the bottom anymore, folks!
  • Basketball season arrived in late October to save us from the continuous flogging that is football season. (I know I just said it wasn't as abysmal as before, but let's be honest, it's not that much fun to watch your team get beaten over and over and over and over again.)
  • I trekked down to Salt Lake three times during fall semester to see family and friends.
  • With Kacee, Kaitlyn, and Megan, I went to Park City for a night. It was a blast.
  • I rocked my accounting class, with test scores of 100, 96, 84, 100 and final test score of 95. Woohoo!
  • By some miracle, I got a 95% in economics. I still don't know what's going on in that field except what Adam Collins taught me about supply and demand and what Gail Chumbley taught me about United States fiscal and monetary policies.
  • According to an email I received from the Honors office yesterday, I've made it halfway to earning an A pin at Utah State.
  • I've got what appears to be a great schedule ahead of me, beginning January 11.
  • I've found an internship that I'm really interested in and am going to apply for the minute I get back to Cache Valley.
Oprah sums it up best for me when it comes to my feelings about the new year: 
Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.
Happy New Year everyone!

P.S. Here is a collage of 2009 from my perspective.

No comments: