Sunday, December 27, 2009

Yes, I am aware that I am short

People sometimes think they are revealing a huge (no pun intended) secret when they comment that I'm short. Yes, I am fully aware of the fact that I am immensely vertically challenged. Most of the time I deal with my height deficiency just fine. Sometimes, however, my lack of altitude makes life somewhat difficult. I was helping make rolls with Mom and Grandma a few days before Christmas and had to stand on my toes to reach the top of the bowl. Grandpa saw and took pity on me. He came and stirred for my turn. I was attempting to fix up some frosting for sugar cookies and was really struggling reaching. Then it occurred to me. I just needed a little boost.
With the help of a couple of phone books, I was almost normal height.

Lindsay liked pointing out that she towered over me when she stood on my makeshift stool.

1 comment:

Christa said...

cute. phone books are the best!