Sunday, December 27, 2009

O Little Town of Bethlehem...

Our ward party was the night I got back home. The theme was Night in Bethlehem. Years and years and years ago, we had a similar ward party. Back then, my mom cut some holes in a pillow case and stuck some tinsel on my head and called me an angel. It looked better than it sounds. Although I'm not much taller now, I couldn't pull off the pillowcase look this time. Mom created a costume for Linds and me and she and Dad wore the same ones they wore some 18 years ago. Kudos to the ward activities committee. The building was decorated gorgeously. Our family was in charge of the dairy booth with the Dalys. We had olives, cheese, eggs, and milk. I've never seen kids inhale eggs, both deviled and just boiled, like that before. Personally I think they're disgusting, but the little kids surely seemed to enjoy them. Gross.So here's the thing. Our combined family weight loss for the year is over 90 lbs. However, this attractive garb makes all four of us look immensely pregnant. All of us could have passed for Mary.

No comments: