Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Morning


It doesn't matter how old I get, I still love Christmas morning. I love going to bed Christmas Eve with anxious anticipation knotting my stomach and dreams of opening gifts the next day. This year was certainly no letdown. Lindsay took two sleeping pills this year, so she slept like the dead and Mom had to wake her up at 8:00 to get her up. We went downstairs to check out the Santa loot and weren't disappointed. I got a new coat (since it's hard to be taken seriously in a pink coat in a major of mostly men), clothes, a big jewelry box, gift cards, Sensual Amber Bath and Body Works paraphernalia, perfume, DVDs, and other fun knick knacks.

When we were growing up, Lindsay and I always loved getting new baby dolls for Christmas. A big surprise this year was that Santa brought one for Lindsay after several years of neither of us getting one. Although Linds will never actually play with it, all of us smiled at having a doll to snuggle with on Christmas.

No comments: