We went to Murren and then into the Lauterbrunnen Valley via Gimmelwald Walk. It took a while to get there via train. Then we took a gondola up to the little village of Murren. I was stunned by the majesty of the mountains. We walked a leisurely walk along a path that took us through pastures with cows with cow bells and down into an ancient enchanted forest. Nothing could prepare me for the view. I took hundreds of pictures, but pictures don't do it justice.
We sat on the edge of a cliff. The whole way down was covered with wildflowers. The mountains in front were unlike anything I've ever seen. They were enormous, capped with snow and dripping with waterfalls everywhere. We had time to sit and reflect and listen to inspiring music for a couple of hours. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
In our guidebook, we had an assignment to reflect on life and write or draw. The prompt included Psalm 121:1, which says, "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help." That certainly happened for me. It was incredible. Here's a small excerpt from my assignment:
I have short view of the world. I never realized how short until today. These mountains are absolutely incredible. They are so huge. The view and colors are breathtaking. Pictures can't do this justice. It is amazing. I have a roommate that tells me she hates it when I have time to think because I get grumpy. I have had lots of time to think here today and I am far from grumpy. I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I was a little apprehensive about coming up here and having the perfect place to reflect on life. I was worried my mind would focus on all the crap that has hit the fan in the last few years and I was just going to end up crying like a baby, something I hate doing. I have never felt so calm and peaceful in my life. I have so much hope for the future, for my family, for myself.Yes, it sounds a little cheesy, but environments like that elicit such responses.
This is what I envision heaven looking like.
No comments:
Post a Comment